Silvered loft insulation - which way up?

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,
I'm in the process of re-insulating my loft, and I've gone with the fancy B&Q low-itch insulation that has silvered plastic film on one side.
Which way up should this go: silver up, or silver down?
I've started the job with the silver side down, as my thoughts are that any heat penetrating the ceiling will be reflected back into the room before it gets the opportunity to heat up the air-gaps in the fibreglass. Am I talking cods?
Does it really make any difference?
Many thanks,
Paul.

Silvered down.
BigWallop wrote:

Thanks, Big. That's what I suspected.

side.
When down it also acts as a vapour barrier.

IMM wrote:

It only acts as a vapour barrier.

You jest of course.

that
Why? What other function is the silvered side going to perform when placed face down against the back of the ceiling?
Cheers Clive
Clive Summerfield wrote:

Protection against alien mind control? :)
-Duncan
"Duncan Lees" <duncan-at-snsys-dot-com> wrote in message

placed
Lol - too late for IMM though, they've already got to him. Just hope it was only sucking his brain out, and none of that horrible probe stuff...
Cheers Clive

was
ROLF

Harris??
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

Had a rough night John ?
--
geoff

Maxie, No. ROFL

IMM wrote:

No.

that
You are mad then?

Don't take the bait NP like AH does, you know it makes sense; you know how much those rubber handbags show the marks ;-)
ps: do you use a different nic in the rubber fettish NGs :-?
--
fred

fred wrote:

Rubber fetish? Oh...I guess the slang has changed since the 60's... Look up etymology of 'rubber' and 'rubber johnny' and 'french letter' :-)
writes

Ha, I had pictured you in a black all in one number, but perhaps that was my imagination rather than your inflection.
ps: I didn't say I imagined it was a pretty sight (either option :-)
--
fred

You are all on the wrong ng. go to alt.weirdo.uk

Once again you jump into a thread half cocked, alt.fmao.in.wetsuits is currently _the_ place to be.
--
fred