Silly Gardener .

Just been watching a prog on Scottish ITV about an A+E Dept . A gardener came in who used a rotary mower and tried to sort a jammed blade without switching it off first and when it unjammed it hit his finger and cut it and also broke a bone .

They then showed a clip of someone ( probably him) using a petrol driven mower while wearing open toed sandals . Some folk just never learn.

Reply to
Stuart B

WHat's wrong with the sandals? How many times have your (shoed) feet got in the way of a petrol mower? I mow the lawn in bare feet, and I would really have to pull off some strange bodily contortions to get my toes anywhere near the blade, shoed or not!

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin

I mow mine in a thornproof jacket and tough boots. The wilderness is all around, trying to get back in...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah, I think he should have worn a condom too... you never can be too safe ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

What happens if you were mowing and you slipped, feet first ?

Reply to
Neil Barker

I didn't know that you were *that* near Norfolk.... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall