Silly 'designer' tap.

recognise this basin tap design and know where parts might be obtainable? The water is delivered between two glass panels, and the top one has, unsurprisingly, cracked up as it is rather in the way. It is presumably intended to match the rectangular, rather shallow, basin. In the picture I have removed the pieces of the top layer. I've not yet tried further dismantling, but there is a seal concealed between the layers which has also got chewed up.

Cheers, S

Reply to
Spamlet

> Anyone recognise this basin tap design and know where parts might be > obtainable?

Andy Burns

>>> Anyone recognise this basin tap design and know where parts might be >> obtainable?

track down which are still available ...

Andy Burns

Skip the angle grinder and go straight to the lump hammer. These things are the worst build-quality taps ever made (friend had them in a posh pub / restaurant) and have an ability to look like shit with whatever cack is available in the water supply, whether that be vegetable, mineral or probably even animal too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Once I got the 'waterfall' idea looks like there are a number of similar ones on e-bay and generally from £25 odd up to hundreds: probably all the same Chinese model in the end. And some are even offering LEDs in the glass that change colour with the water temp! Probably a new tap will be cheaper than a replacement glass in the end...

Cheers, S

Reply to
Spamlet

Skip the angle grinder and go straight to the lump hammer. These things are the worst build-quality taps ever made (friend had them in a posh pub / restaurant) and have an ability to look like shit with whatever cack is available in the water supply, whether that be vegetable, mineral or probably even animal too.

I'm with you Andy, but strangely SWMBO likes it even though in my view it makes the basin almost unusable and is bound to get broken any time anyone used to normal taps tries to wash... (Same goes for 'popup' plugs that everyone tries to prise up with knives (And I might add, the new captive plugs in our local hospital sinks: all new gleaming hygienic lavatories, lever taps and all... then they have basins where the plug automatically falls in when you try to wash under running water, and then have to put your hands back in the dirty water to unplug it. As I discovered this when trying to wash some sh*t off my shoes so as not to tread it all over the hospital...).

Spamlet