Silicone vs silicone

Hi

If I cut off the old silicone, can I put new sili straight onto it and it will stick ok? Or must I use those eater products?

Also there are many brands of silicone, do they differ? how? I'm looking at S 1.75 sanitary silicone p118 white 65609 S 1.49 gen purp silicone p119 white 38677 both anti-mould, but I've not used enough silicone to be familari with different brands etc

cheers NT

Reply to
meow2222

Silicon is usually bulked out with inert fillers, so the cheaper it is, the less silicon in it. Hence expensive bath sealants tend to be purer than the large tubes of frame sealants

Reply to
EricP

Lovely glaze-hard tiles almost meets glaze hard(ish?) bath, joined by a tacky bead of jelly. There must be a better way. When I *have* to use this stuff I usually recess it then put something firmer in front of it. "Liquid Nails" of course. :)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack