silent alarm (radio)

I'd like to rig a silent alarm to protect a shed & garage (burglar-wise) which is some way from the house. I have a movement detector - works fine. When I enter shed it closes relay contacts. What I need now is some kind of radio signal, coded to avoid random triggers, and a receiver+aludible alarm I can fix in the house. Can someone pleasae suggest/recommend a unit I can use for this. Distance is about 30 yards.

Reply to
dave

"Rig" as in - willing to use a soldering iron? If I had open/closed contacts available from the movement detector, the first thing I'd try would be to solder them across the push-button contacts of a radio doorbell. You can buy a cheap and cheerful one with sufficient range from Wilko's for under a tenner.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

dave laid this down on his screen :

What about a wireless door bell? Just wire an intermitant door contact across the bell push. The EVO range are good reliable units, look for the 100m range ones.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I get occasional "false alarms" from our wireless doorbell[1], is this a common experience?

[1] 1 doorbell with 3 receivers. False alarms are usually only on one receiver - I think.
Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Yes or even some of the remote controlled socket outlets have good range. I can operate aan outdoor light transformer plugged in inside the house from inside a minicab as we pass my garden! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You mean you think it's the rentman when it isn't?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I usually think it's the kids from over the road wanting their ball back.

No rent, no mortgage & worth beggar all.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Sell them their ball.

Bill