Sightly OT - Juicers

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I think you've misunderstood what he meant by "history" page. Entries in Wikipedia are journalled - any alterations are logged and all previous versions of the page are available so you can see what changes have been made and by whom.

I reckon that you're as likely to get an accurate factual definition from Wikipedia as you are from any comparable source - with the bonus that if you want you can poke around and see what other alternative versions of "the truth" have been put forward by others.

Reply to
Guy King

mike wrote in news:Xns985FC8E00902Amikeringbtinternetco@130.133.1.4:

Whoops

about that, it was thebeetroot juice

mike

Reply to
mike

A bit like this group then?

And also just like this group, no-one has to take any statement at face value - there are plenty of sources to cross-reference and check the facts. What Wikipedia *does* give you, however, is a concensus, built up from a combination of many people's experience. In that respect, I guess it is going to give you a much better definition of what the stuff actually *is*. Other people on this group can give you their personal experiences and tell you whether (in their oppinion) it has been any good for them.

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

Or perhaps no-one is willing to re-post a lot of information that they have just found for you and are refering you to. I don't think people here would be asking you to look at that Wikipedia page if they did not think it contained the answer you were looking for. If you don't want to look, then what else can they do...?

Reply to
Jason

Why would you trust somebody on here to tell you the answer when you won't trust wikipedia? By your definition, neither are capable of giving a factual definition.

In practice, wikipedia is actually very good at giving definitions for such things as 'what is wheatgrass'.

Of course if the definition on there is insufficient for your needs, and you discover the answer elsewhere, you could add the information on there :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Probably - I'm very literal :-)

Confusing.

I still can't advise anyone on the best juicer :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If they don't know they do nothing - I asked people (I thought).

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't be so presumptuous! It's not important enough and I think this thread has gone on for too long.

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mostly? Is that good enough?

So one has to keep looking. I have better things to do - such as work out how to play a DVD ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

Tell you what, I'll go copy a load of stuff from wiki and paste it here. That'll make it authoritative.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL! Now I DO know what beetroot is, I grow it.

At least I THINK it's beetroot - it said it on the packet - should I believe it?

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wouldn't waste your breath, she doesn't believe in the idea of finding things out for yourself. One wonders why she frequents this group.

HLAH

Only God is perfect.

HLAH

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

It's as good as you'll get with any other encyclopaedia. They're all of them fallible, but where wikipedia scores is that its failings can be addressed and are visible.

Reply to
Guy King

and t.w.a.t is thataway ^^^^^

HTH Pete