Siemens Tumble Dryer getting very hot

We have a 3 year old Siemens WT2100 Tumble Dryer. About 3 months ago it started cutting out repeatedly (was obviously getting very hot at the back of the appliance. I stripped it down and hoovered out all the old fluff etc and ordered a new thermostatic cutout from Siemens. After and since that it hasn't cut out again.

Today I smelt a rather burny smell and checked it out and it was very hot - the metal at the back pretty much too hot to touch. It hasn't cut out. I pressed the button that lowers the drying temperature and still it has seemed to be running hot. Now it may be fine and just supposed to be that way but I'd rather not have the Fire Brigade and my insurance company tell me that I am wrong. Any suggestions? Our previous old TD went great guns for over 10 years and there's so little that can go wrong.

RB

Reply to
Roland Burr

Is the fan still running? Baz

Reply to
pjdesign

Err, what fan? Ther's just a big round element at the back of the drum which then rotates nicely. I have never been aware of a fan in there...

RB

Reply to
Roland Burr

On the tumble dryers that I have seen, have a fan/blower that blows air thro the dryer and out the vent. If your fan has stopped, the heat in the drum will build up. Have you got an air flow out of the vent? Baz

Reply to
pjdesign

blocked pipe ?

mrcheerful