Siemens oven trips switch on consumer unit

Hi there,

Our ~ 9 year old Siemens double oven seems to be tripping the switch labelled: RCD Controlled Circuits on the consumer unit. The top oven/ grill can be operated without any problems, however when the main fan oven is operated it soon trips the MCB.

It has been doing this for a few months now.

Any pointers?

Reply to
David

See the section on heater elements here:

in summary, try disconnecting the heater element and then see if the oven still causes a trip. If it does not, then replace the element.

Reply to
John Rumm

Brilliant, thanks for the help guys!

I shall test it when I get the time, doesn't look too hard to remove.

Reply to
David

New element should be here next week.

Reply to
David

Number 119?

A very impressive DIY effort.

Reply to
polygonum

Just to throw a variable into the equation, I had a somewhat similar problem and that was the fan motor. I hope it's the element if you've ordered a new one !

Rob

Reply to
robgraham