Sick washing machine

My De Dietrich washing machine (model DVF300JU1) has stopped working.

Two days ago when my wife opened it, the dishes were clean, but (dirty) water remained at the bottom of the machine.

When I ran the rinse cycle, it emptied the dishwasher, and then stopped. I take it from this that the pump is working, and the drain is not blocked.

Now whenever I start it, in rinse cycle or wash cycle, the same thing happens; the pump runs for a few seconds, and I hear a little water going down the drain, and then it stops.

Can any kind washing-machine guru tell from those symptoms what the trouble is?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

It sounds like the level sensor is stuck or gunged up.

Reply to
Skipweasel

You're putting your dishes in the washing machine. Try putting them in the dishwasher.

;-|

Reply to
John Stumbles

Ha! :) I saw the subject and wondered why anyone would want to clean barf.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Apologies - for washing machine please read dish-washer throughout.

(Reminds me of a footnote in "1066 and All That": 'For "pheasant" please read "peasant" throughout.')

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea where to find the level sensor in a DeDietrich dishwasher?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Silly typo. Makes me wonder though if that could be a way out ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Nope - take the side off and look! Sorry, but that's where I start.

Reply to
Skipweasel