Shredder capacitor

Yeah, that will save the plastic for shor.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Full marks to that man! It worked a treat. Now I just have to find time to complete the task and start fault-finding.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Must order myself a set for Christmas! Glad to hear that it worked.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The capacitor on the one I repaired was a charred lump. I can dig up the supplier detail if helpful.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks Tim, that would be useful to know.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Capacitor for garden shredder (Bosch?) was made in Italy!

Replacement from Hi-Wire Ltd. (

ref.MC1998 Motor run cap 20MF 450V stud mount & plastic cap.

Cost 16/08/2011 £3.22 carriage £9.50 plus VAT came to £15.26

ARAIR CPC did something similar.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks again Tim.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I finally found time to complete the opening up of my shredder, which was straightforward, and it didn't take long to confirm that the capacitor was the culprit - there was a large lump of melted plastic on its side.

Luckily CPC were offering a free delivery, so it only cost me £6.77.

Now fully working and ready for the next bit of pruning.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Congratulations:-) Your recycle bin will now benefit by 1/2cwt of CPC catalogues!

Apple pruning time if it ever stops raining.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The free delivery for web orders has been permenant for quite a while now.

We don't take a newspaper so the inside pages make great starting paper for the woodburner. The covers are too glossy.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice