Shred this

The message from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

My compost heap isn't anaerobic.

Reply to
Guy King

I've got a Mountfield 2200w alleged 'quiet' shredder and that works treat! Bought from B&Q last year for £160, but have noticed my loca one in Sutton is now selling it for just over £110! Bargain in m opinion.

Eats branches up to 30mm in diameter with a self-feed i.e. drop th branch in and once it grabs its off! Walk away, do something else an then given a minute the branch is gone.

The pile you show would be eaten by mine within 10-15 minutes at th most. Tis one of my favourites 'toys' as you cant beat the satisfactio of seeing a sodding prickly holly bush, spikey rose bush, nettles o brambles munched to smithereens!! Now lets see who laughing!

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

All true, where the balance of pollution lies I do not know, but although bonfire ash is good for nutrients when put on the soil I would miss the bags and bags of mulch my shredder produces each year, and I suspect my neighbours prefer it to my having bonfires (although I have never asked them one way or the other) I think if we are to have less rain mulching more makes sense to avoid having to water.

Reply to
Charlie Pridham

Unless your council is hell-bent on burning refuse:-(

Or into a black plastic bag, letting the anaerobes sort them out.

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey