Shows how thick council

employees are.

Every 3 months a skip is placed outside different venues throughtout this area.

Its placed there at 8:30 morning to 3:45 in the afternoon and then taken away.

FFS most people are working throughout the day and the skip should be left there overnight to accommodate this.

Councils bah!, couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

Rant over.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

trouble is it would be filled by builders with asbestos etc.

our council used to do the same, there were people queuing to fill it as it was dropped off, leaving it any longer means that you get a pile of stuff beside it that needs another skip and a loader to clear up.

Reply to
mrcheerful

If you are working, then hire your own skip.

dg

Reply to
dg

mrcheerful . wrote:.

The Parish Council that I was on used to pay for a skip every six months. Oh my gawd!

No matter what size the skip it was always overflowing, old sofas, car engines etc left alongside. Cost the rest of the Parish a fortune in rates to clear the mess up.

People just take the piss.

We had to stop doing it in the end.

Reply to
Bookworm

|mrcheerful | . wrote:. |>

|> our council used to do the same, there were people queuing to fill it as it |> was dropped off, leaving it any longer means that you get a pile of stuff |> beside it that needs another skip and a loader to clear up. | |The Parish Council that I was on used to pay for a skip every six |months. Oh my gawd! | |No matter what size the skip it was always overflowing, old sofas, car |engines etc left alongside. Cost the rest of the Parish a fortune in |rates to clear the mess up. | |People just take the piss. | |We had to stop doing it in the end.

West Yorkshire do it better now, Low Moor tip is free to householders, there is a continuous stream of cars, some with trailers dumping rubbish into a container, or one for wood, one for cardboard, one for batteries, one for Electrical goods, one for rubble, one for metal, A huge pile of green stuff, a pile of fridges. To mention but a few.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Your missing the point A council skip is to get rid of household rubbish ie wood,garden rubbish ect ect.

ps its a community skip for the working and the unemployed. Saves people fly tipping locally.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Why do people drive to a rural area to fly tip? If it is in the car, why not take it to a free domestic waste site?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sutton (London) used to do a free skip every 6 months, left for a few days in strategic positions. Then they stopped - then old beds and sofas etc got dumped everywhere - ie things that are draggable but don't fit in cars very well. Go figure :(

Rural dumping sounds more like tradesmen who get charged for using the dump.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:00:19 +0100, Tim Lamb had this to say:

Why don't they simply phone the council, who will come and take it away "free"?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

some people are self centred and cant be arsed tips do refuse household waste some of the time.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thats an easy one, because they don't want to wait a fortnight or council will not take non-recyclable items.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Bookworm" contains these words:

We had a "spring clean" last year where in a bid to stop people dumping stuff at the ends of the roads for the council to take away they thought they'd encourage people to have a good sort out then stop flytipping the stuff.

Apart from providing some smashing piles of stuff to pick over, it amassed seventy tons just from this estate - and still didn't stop the problem of flytipping.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Tim S contains these words:

Or people who've loaded up the trailer and been turned way 'cos they don't have the (free) permit require to take trailer-loads to the dump.

Reply to
Guy King

Even that doesn't explain the behaviour of the fly tippers. Some of them are tipping commercial waste to avoid having to pay landfill tax. But the vast majority just seem to be everyday morons. I caught someone tipping waste on a lane not far from my home. He looked as guilty as hell and when I told him to put the rubbish back in his car, he fell over himself to oblige. I asked him if he had come far and he told me he came from the nearest market town, a drive of about six miles. In that town there's a free council "recycling" site that takes all refuse, free.

And I suspect he was typical of them all.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Your's might. Ours charge 20 quid, and to take it yourself it is to the oppposite end of the boro, about a 30 mile round trip. I tend to use the next town's site, it's nearer, and as I pass it 4 times a week, doesn't cost on petrol.

Reply to
<me9

The message from contains these words:

Ours will take away furniture. But not, get this, if it's been fitted into the house, like a kitchen or shelves. This is a low car ownership area, where people can't really afford a skip.

Reply to
Guy King

Because councils (ours at least) limit the collections to 3 per customer per year and I think three items per collection.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Guy King writes

Often a singleton bin liner of garden trimmings?

Woodworker tenant was incensed, recently. He runs a large white (non sign written) van, and towed a 4 wheel trailer containing his own bathroom suite to a contractor run local tip. A major row ensued culminating in council officials being called out. Having given details of address he was allowed to tip but told not to darken their doors again.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

How can they justify banning him from a facility he's been paying for?

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Or because council charge £18 a go for everything except fridges and old-age pensioners.

Owain

Reply to
Owain