Showers and Combi boiler

Has anyone had any experience of connecting the hot water flow from a combi boiler directly to a shower head or even through a non-thermostatic shower valve. I seem to be getting a good flow of hot water from my new Ideal C28 boiler but don't want to fork out 120 + for a thermostatic valve just yet.
thanks, Colin
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:06:22 +0100, "Christian McArdle"

On the other hand if you live by yourself just remember not to put the washing machine/dish washer on when having a shower!!!
Chris