showerpowerbooster -any one used it?

Has anyone used these?

My low voltage 'waterfall' pump has become faulty and I'm looking for a solution. I saw the showerpowerbooster demonstrated by the inventor at an exhibition and it looked just the job.

Reply to
Chris Holford

Hmm, given that he's trying to flog them to people with electric showers and combi boilers (where it just ain't gonna work), I'd steer well clear.

If you have a gravity system with stored hot water I think your best options are either a "like for like" replacement - eg. a wall mounted LV pump or go the whole hog and have a proper mains powered twin impeller booster pump installed. Of course the latter will be a lot more expensive but will provide vastly greater flow.

I'm not saying that the showerpowerbooster wouldn't work, but the site has "shyster" written all over it in my opinion and doesn't deserve anyone's business.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm pretty skeptical too; I might not go quite as far as Tim, he does

*appear* to have testimonials and there is always SOGA or whatever it is called now if it doesn't work.

With only 5000 sold in 3 years one has to suspect it isn't the miracle it claims to be.

Reply to
newshound

+1
Reply to
ARW

I suspect many of these inventions were made to solve a very narrow problem and then the person tries to make somemoney out of it when its inappropriate for that use. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

It's a niche product - I think if you had a shower where there wasn't quite enough water pressure, this pump could make a worthwhile difference.

As an illustration, consider the extreme case where the available head of water is equal to the shower height. No shower. Add this pump, and you get a shower. 10 watts is 10 Nm/s which is enough power to lift approximately 1 litre of water upwards 1 metre every second - even allowing for fractional efficiency, that could be well worth doing.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

It probably would work to a degree, but in terms of "bangs for your buck" it seems a bit of a damp squib. For the price of two of them (if you want a balanced flow), you could get a "proper" twin impeller pump with vastly better performance. Also the piddly little bits of braided hose crimped on that not only connect but also support the pump look like a leak waiting to happen to me.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You mean, he has two lockups full of the damned things!

Reply to
Davey

Used one of these in a top flat that suiffered low water pressure in morning.

It does need a small tank to feed it but it replaced a large water tank that fed an immersion tank,that was replaced with undercounter heater.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Triton also make this

I used a predecessor model to increase the flow to an automatic washing machine that was taking so long to fill it decided to shut down . The circumstances were unusual in that it was located on a boat and the feed tank was only feet above the machine. Ran it via a relay connected to the w/machines filling solenoid so that users did not have to think about turning something they were not familiar with on. it worked reasonably well for that application ,for a shower possibly a still a little slow for some. But compared to the gadget the OP mentioned I would rather go for a name that has been around for a while than the newcomer. Cost is only about £3 more in some places.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg