Shower valves - chinese

The Costco whse chain are offering a shower tower/panel similar to the ones at

just under £100 with a one year "see your supplier" "guarantee".

The construction is an aluminium extrusion carrying chromed plastic fittings. The valves and the thermostatic mixer are rough cast brass and the "internal" plumbing is reinforced flexible plastic pipe. In summary ,the panel is connect to the supply with flexible tails and hooked onto the supplied bracket which if placed "........ will suit an average length person".

Any opinions or even better experience of this sort of item? It looks ok cosmetically but will it still be working in 5 years? Spares - forget it? Is there any EC standard for position/centres of the supply pipes so that if/when it falls apart it could be thrown away and there be a good chance that a reputable mixer valve could be fitted with no retiling? (I think my next post will be about flying pigs but if you don't ask....)

And a final query if I go down the sensible known brand route - Is Aqualisa still a good brand? - at my last house the first thermostatic cartridge lasted 8 years and the replacement only 2 years - ceramic mouldings changed to plastic but at least spares were off the shelf

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

Yes.

I recently changed the cartridge in mine which had been in it for over

5 years. Both are plastic types and I paid around £65 for this last one by looking around on the web.

I don't see the point in buying a chinese one...

Reply to
Andy Hall