Shower unit running warm and cold

Hello

I have a Triton Aquatronic 2 Electric shower that has developed a fault.

It will run hot for a time then cold for 40 seconds or so before warming up again. The power light stays on at all times, there is no pressure drop as far as I can tell, if the cold tap is run elsewhere in the house then the temp will go up, or if the pressure to the shower drops dramatically with cold taps being run and toilet being flushed then the power light will go off as the water slows to a trickle. But the problem of hot and cold is happening without any of the above taking place.

Looking at the unit I have noticed some burning around one particular electical item, I am not too sure what it does, but could this be a cause of the problem?

There are pictures of the unit at:

The lower blue electrical connection is dark and blackened as if it has been overheating (it is just noticable in these pictures).

Thanks CU

Reply to
CU

You'll need to upload the pictures to the web server that the pages are on for anyone to see them. They're still on your machine and the link can't find them on your machine. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks.... try:

think Dreamweaver and its file structure had me confused.

Regards CU

Reply to
CU

That device, connected by the blue coloured wires, is an anti-scald thermostat. All it does is switch off one element inside the heater so that the water from the outlet point doesn't come from the shower to hot. One test I'd would advise you try, is to turn the shower on to about a medium heat setting. Go to the stop valve for the shower and start to turn it off. Keep an eye on the shower head and stop turning the valve when the water shows the first sign of slowing down at the head.

Leave the shower on like that for a few minutes to see if the problem is still there. If it is then follow the instructions below.

Visit their website at:

This devices could be the cause of the problem you're getting, but to talk you through the repair without you having the spare parts at hand is a bit pointless.

If you look on the spare parts section of the website at the model number T100e, you'll see the parts you need are the outlet pipe with thermal cut-out, but you also need the connector cables to go with it. So once you get the part numbers from the site, give them a call and tell them what you need with it.

Give Triton a call on:

Please phone Triton Spares on

024 7637 2222 for further advice

They are friendly on the phone and know what what you're talking about if you get a little flustered, so don't worry. The parts you need are cheap and should last again for another good few years.

Reply to
BigWallop

snip

Thanks for the help... unfortunately time was against me, as the rest of the family did not appreciate the temperature fluctuations and I had to replace the entire unit ASAP.

Maybe I will repair the old one now and keep it as a spare!

Regards CU

Reply to
CU