Shower unit

I need a replacement 'cold feed only' electric shower to go over the bath. The last two similar Redring units have dripped inside the cabinet since the guarantee ran out. (I got the second because I replaced it myself and it had the same fitting as the first) So, not Redring and not too expensive (to be fitted by someone qualified this time)

Reply to
Jim S

Mira shower?

I've had two of them in the last 30 years (the last one in 1999/2000)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

To you, as it's Xmas, £50.

Neighbour had a Redring that lasted about 4 years (but had a lot of use); she then bought a Triton (after I'd rejected the 10.5kW one as being too much for her CU - and my effort in trying to get 10mm cable through). Needed to re-route the feeds but that wasn't too difficult. It's been in for a couple of years now and no problems.

Reply to
PeterC

PeterC wrote in news:ed8slzogmd7q.8lwpccp2827v$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

You really can't "read across" experiences with one model to another in many things. They are often designed by "design consultants" and made by an anonymous factory where the roice is reight. It doesn't get a name until the label is embossed at the end of the process. Example: A company will spot a gap in the market and come up with a loose idea and then put out tenders to some designers. The most suitable design with the most appropriate cost target will get commissioned.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Sucker for punishment then. From the title of that non existent Dire Straits song. Brian.

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have you got high water pressure?

Reply to
ARW

Not usually

Reply to
Jim S

I was just wondering as two had failed.

BTW you will probably (unless you wish to do a little research) need a like for like replacement in the kW rating of the new shower.

Good luck and I do recommend Mira.

Reply to
ARW

Yep + 1 to that...

Reply to
tony sayer

Well I bit the bullet and fixed it (fingers crossed) FWIW I had kept the old one and took it to bits to practise on. One of the O-rings was jammed - there are three replaceable O-rings of different sizes and a tap-type washer for off/on (another on-shaft one I left alone). It looks impossible until you see how to pass the first hurdle and there's another trick about putting the case back on without swearing. If anybody needs to know, just ask. PS it is a Redring California, but the Active 320 is the same with its clothes off.

Reply to
Jim S