shower tray 1000x1000x180 mm

The plastic tray of our shower has a crack. I keep re-sealing it with silicon every few months, but would rather replace it at some point. The previous owner seems to have first installed that tray and then tiled around it. If possible, I'd rather not retile the whole bath, but try to break the tray out of the wall and fit a new one in. Does this sound feasible?

I would obviously need a new tray of the same size, but I can't find it anywhere. It's 100x100x18 cm, with the outlet above the floor. The only one I found has a removable front panel. Good for maintenance, but rather ugly, and that's not what I'm looking for.

The one that's in there now must have been pretty common at some time (9-10 years ago). I saw the exactly same one in a B&B lately, but the owner didn't remember the brand either. It has the outlet in a corner, and a pattern of parallel rhombic figures. Does anybody know if it's still manufactured?

Thanks in advance,

Herbert

Reply to
Herbert

Go get a shower tray fabricated in stainless steel to your precise dimensions; remove the bottom row of tiles in the shower cubicle; install the new tray then replace the tiles so that they sit inside the new tray. No chance of cracking and a perfect tool for the job.

You can read all my experience with obtaining such a tray here in uk.d-i-y some years ago (and the tray is still going strong!)

Mungo

Mungo