Shower trap

I'm having a new level access shower room extension built. The shower is built into the floor, rather than using a tray and will eventually be tiled. The drains have been laid under the concrete floor using the standard 110mm underground soil pipe. This terminates at floor level in the shower area and the screed has been profiled to create a fall towards the drain. The problem is that the plumber has produced a trap that connects into the 110mm pipe OK, but it means that the position of the shower drain is no longer exactly where the 110mm pipe exits the floor - it's offset by about 200mm centre-to-centre. This means that the profile of the floor in the shower area is now all wrong because the shower trap is no longer positioned at the lowest point in the shower area.

I have to discuss this with the builder to find out how he proposes to fix it. I guess the simple option would be to position the shower drain where it was originally intended to go - i.e. at the point where the drain comes through the floor.

Is there a type of shower trap that can be set directly into a 110mm drain? If not, it looks like this is a major c*ck-up that could require the floor to be re-laid in that area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mheden

McAlpine do an ABS tiled gully that has a 110mm connection, designed for a vertical connection (ie it sits directly on top of the drain) I'm not sure of the model number, but its available with either a white ABS or stainless 'tile' top 200mm square. About £65 ish from Grahams.

HTH

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Neil,

Thanks for your help. The McAlpine TSG2T6SS looks like what I need. Got to be better than digging the floor up!

Mike

Reply to
mheden

I did a shower room like this a few years ago and got a trap that fits into the 110 pipe.The top comes off for cleaning it.I think it was McAlpine but can`t remember for sure. Mark.

Reply to
mark