Shower too hot - thermostatic mixer

I've recently had two new bathrooms installed in my flat, and I'm having an issue with the termonstatic mixed valves on each.

I can't turn the showers down cold enough - one is hot enough it's not really comfortable to stand under it, and the other is comfortable but still too hot for my liking.

The plumber who installed the valves doesn't seem to know what he is doing, nor how to fix the problem.

I'm not sure how these valves differ, but this is a link to the valves being used:

have any ideas about how to fix this problem ? I do actually LIKE to have a cold shower occasionally :-0

Both showers are being fed by a Monsoon 3 bar pump (twin).

Thanks.

Reply to
warwick

Hi,

This might help:

Though any flow restriction should be on the output of the pump to avoid cavitation.

If the pump is connected with flexis try clamping the one on the hot output.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Have you checked the installation instructions against the actual plumbing?

Connecting the hot to where the cold should be and vice versa could cause these symptoms.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren