Shower Switch Position

For an electric shower I know you must have an isolating switch an

often this is of the pullcord variety. It simplifies things for me to use a conventional wall-mounted rocke switch. (Top floor flat, no access to roof void). Now I know the switch isn't allowed to be in the bathroom, but I have choice of two other positions. One is in the cupboard in the hall, nex to the bathroom (the cupboard also contains the fusebox). The secon position would be in a brick-built walk-in cupboard in the bathroo itself.

  1. Would the bathroom cupboard be an allowable position?
  2. Is there any reason not to put it in the hall cupboard?

Thank

-- t60

Reply to
t60

I'd suggest that the hall cupboard would be best.

Steam and electricity...not a good mix!

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

In fact it could be, so long as it is in Zone 3. (It's sockets that can't be in bathroom under any circs)

more than likely

What next to the circuit breaker for the shower you mean? ;-)

If it is going outside the room then it ought to be the type of switch that you can "lock off" (to eliminate the possibility that someone could turn it on while you are working on the shower when isolated)

Reply to
John Rumm