shower solenoid valve problem?

We have a Triton Ivory shower. It didn't work when switched on today. Power and water seem OK.

Looking on

it suggests that it might be the solenoid valve that is faulty.

Looking on

it says that if it is a good solenoid the resistance will be 3.4K Ohms or above. I can't get any resistance reading, suggesting that the solenoid has failed. Am I correct in this assumption?

Is the solenoid valve an easy part to fit? (I replaced the pressure relief device about three months ago.)

Reply to
Tom B

It happens that Tom B formulated :

Which is obviously wrong!

'....or above' could include infinite resistance, in other words an open circuit - with no change in the meter display whether connected across the solenoid or not. What should have been specified is a range of reading (min and max) which should be assumed to mean the solenoid is probably OK.

If the meter indicates no change between connected directly across the solenoids terminals and not connected across it, then you can safely assume the solenoid is faulty. Check the meter in not on 'Hold' and that the resistance range setting is also correct.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield