Shower screen sizes-am I obselete ?

I would like to replace the shower unit in our cottage shower room. Size is vital because of a sloping ceiling. The present shower screen is a 'Showerlux' and the panels are 1750mm high. In the current catalogue the smallest is 1800mm- too BIG. Are there any companies that make a screen that is 1750 tall now or is my only option a bespoke one ( =A3=A3=A3 ouch )? I cannot lower the tray to compensate, it is at its lowest now and there is no other way that the water can drain away, a floor type tray is no use as the board floor is the ceiling of the room below. Hope that this makes sense.

Thanks

Brian

Reply to
johnbrian.lacey

Need to reply to myself on this one as I can't find an edit button. Apologies for not being able to spell 'obsolete' correctly and the post is, of course, about a shower 'enclosure', but I expect you all realised that. Cheers

Brian

Reply to
johnbrian.lacey

cut toughened glass is not as expensive as you think. I got three enormous bits of 10mm glass cut to size with all fittings for about 750 quid.

No comparable 'unit' type shower was anything like as cheap. It looks gorgeous.

I would say 250 quid for a single pane with fittings is perfectly adequate.

Once you step away from poly carbonate mass produced stuff, you might as well go bespoke..the shower rooms that are sold have a huge markup on them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, I didn't.

contact a glazing firm for a quote.

Oh, and don;t rely on them to cut it correctly..templates are proof against MOST idiots..and don;t pay for it until it fits properly...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher