shower screen sealing

I want to put a glass screen at the end of the bath for a shower. however my wall doesn't appear to be plumb so how can I make sure that there will be a good seal between the glass screen and the bath. I wanted to get a screen that folds so that it can be folded back if necessary. However if it can't be done, should I opt for any other type of glass screen?

Janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

Put a batten on the wall first. That way you can cut the back of the batten to eliminate the error in the wall, and then mount the screen on it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Shower screens normally have wall strap which gives more than enough for adjusting the screen to fit along the edge of the bath. The wall strap is fitted first, then the screen fits inside the U shaped strap.

Reply to
BigWallop

Sorry to be a bit dim, but wouldn't a wooden batten swell if it got wet? janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

Not if you prime and paint it carefully. Seal round the edges with silicone sealant as well and it will be fine.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John will try that.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

Yes I've successfully fitted these screens to *very* non-plumb walls: I think the wall would need to be a really long way out for there to be inadequate adjustment within the wall strap.

David

Reply to
Lobster