Shower Screen Seal

We had a walk in shower installed last summer. The glass screen (Kermi) is sealed at the bottom (onto tray) by a bead of silicone. This seal has now failed after being overcome by black mould. Are there any other options such as a edge seal for the glass (6mm thick) which would be longer lasting?

Thanks, Ian Perthshire

Reply to
skiffer

I know some people think it's the cheats way out, but perhaps some sealing strip?

Seri

I don't understand how mould has caused the seal to fail . I know it's unsightly but afaik it doesn't eat the stuff :-)

Reply to
fictitious

I'm guessing you just remove something and stick it down .I can't see that lasting very long and I'm sure mould will get to it as well.

Reply to
fictitious