Shower Riser Bracket

Hi,

My better half broke the plastic shower head holder on our shower riser bracket.

The diameter of the pole is around 21mm.

I've been searching the 'net but I've only managed to find a bracket for a

25mm pole. Everything else is either a full shower kit, or they don't specify the diameter of the pole in a riser kit.

I'd happily buy a cheap riser kit with a pole the right diameter so I could pinch the bracket as it would be easier than replacing the whole lot.

Can anyone give me a steer here please?

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

Yes. Forget it.

In one of my guest room showers I had used various DIY shed riser and and handset kits.

They are universally total rubbish and the failure mode always seems to be one aspect or another of the bracket holding the handset to the rail. Either they break totally or the plastic splits or the detent on the tilt mechanism fails. Spares are never available, mandating replacement of the whole thing.

On the last replacement, I have gone for entry level Hansgrohe fittings obtained from Screwfix.

Either one can buy the complete thing

42450 (£60)

or I bought

Riser Rail Kit 73393 (£35) Hose 50924 (£13) Handset 62400 (£33)

which has a better handset.

The construction quality is substantially better than the typical shed products, there's a 5 year warranty and spares are obtainable from the manufacturer.

I think that that makes a lot more sense than buying these cheap things. So far it has lasted longer than one and shows no sign of deterioration. If it lasts longer than two, shich I expect it to, then it makes even better sense.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Schrodinger's cat" saying something like:

Keep looking; cheapy replacement shower head brackets are available.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon