Shower refurbishment suggestions sought.

Well, looking at the amount of work involved (and cost) we've decided that we're probably not going to replace the whole shower in our guest bedroom after all (I posted earlier about opaquing glass).
The tiles are yucky but I guess a bit of tile paint will deal with that. What's a bigger concern (and more offensive to the eye) is the shower tray which is early 70s faded mustard colour and seems to be made of tupperware. (Slightly bendy and supported round the edges with a metal frame, not foam filled) Just changing the tray would probably be a lot more work that changing the whole damn shower what with drain access problems and so on. I don't suppose there are any paint products designed for surfaces like that are there?
The room only gets about 2-3 weeks use a year so it's hard to justify ripping the whole thing out and whatever we paint it with isn't going to suffer a lot of wear and tear.
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

"Tim Downie" wrote | What's a bigger concern (and more offensive to the eye) is the shower | tray which is early 70s faded mustard colour and seems to be made of | tupperware. (Slightly bendy and supported round the edges with a | metal frame, not foam filled)
I wonder if it would be possible to drill a little hole and inject it with some expanding foam (Refer to ukdiy FAQ if you haven't already read it)?
Faded mustard isn't the worst colour by any means and 70s Retro is very 'In' at the moment. Get some co-ordinating bathtowels in the sales and a lava lamp for the bedside table and it'll look Fab. Honest.
Owain
Owain wrote:

I take it this is a reference to the famous canoe story? I think I'll pass on that suggestion. ;-)
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:55:20 -0000, "Tim Downie"

Same paint that's used for model RC cars might do it, I think it's acrylic. A spray can gives better finish than brushing, and it's best to 'key' the surface with fine wet and dry before spraying too.
cheers, Pete.
Pete C wrote:

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Tim