Shower pumps

Hi,

There's less than 0.75m of head between my shower rose and my cold water tank - hence, the shower is a pretty miserable affair and I want to fit a dual-head pump.

The shower is fed straight from the bath mixer taps; it's not a thermostatic job. Can I just fit the pump onto the bath mixer hot & cold feeds or do I need to install a seperate shower with its own dedicated feeds?

Also, any opinions on what pump to get? Fitting sounds like a straightforward affair - I gather that I can just run the pump from a spur on the upstairs ring main. Is this correct? Could / should I do it from the junction box on the disused immersion heater supply, which would be much more convenient? Thankfully, there's plenty of space in the airing cupboard which is right next to the bath/shower, and pipes are easily accessible.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.

Reply to
Rob

Showerforce do a neat little pump called a "boost" for mixer taps with a single feed to the shower head. I bought mine just over 6 years ago from B&Q when I moved into my (then) new flat. The shower was a dribbling piddle and needed a lot of help and this sorted it out! I thought it quite expensive at the time but now I think its a bargain. Never skipped a beat in all that time!

Might be worth checking out.

HTH

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

That's great - thanks!

I found the fitting manual for this on their website. I presume this is the one with the wall mounted cabinet, so you just run the input from the top of the mixer tap? Sounds like just the job, if I can find a stockist (it's not on Showerforce's current product list, and I can't seem to find it anywhere online). B&Q have a single head pump called "Eazi-Boost", but that looks like something you'd need to fix after fitted mixer valve - something I'm hoping to avoid.

Reply to
Rob

Hi Rob

Yes I had a look on the showerforce site and found the old manual for mine see if this is what you looked at:

like its discontinued now. It might be worth ringing them to see if they have any left or know of a dealer that has remaining stock.

Otherwise it looks like you'll have to resort to a full monty plumbed in job!

Good luck.

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

Yeah, I'm sort of surprised that the seems to be nothing similar out there. I'll give them a call.

I think you're right. Still can't see any reason not to just rig a dual-head pump up to the feeds into the mixer tap - I think I'll give it a go (can't foresee any terrible consequences if it doesn't work).

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

Reply to
Rob

Just though it would be amusing to add to this thread, it reminds me of that Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch - "Designed by computer, built by Roberts". I'll get my coat.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hi Rob

That made me chuckle!

Hey do you remember Robert the Robot!?

(one of my fave characters in Fireball XL5!!)

Rob K

Happy New Thang!

Reply to
Rob K

Very good :-)

Reply to
Rob

Yes

No

You can get a Salamander from Screwfix for the same or less money. They're a lot quieter and generally more the bee's.

Reply to
John Stumbles