shower pump noise

My pump is in the airing cupboard but makes too much noise for her indoors. I am thinking of enclosing it in some sound isolating material and have seen some in homebase. Trouble is i think its about =A335 a pack of 5 when I only want one or two sheets. Can anyone advise where i may be able to get this stuff in sheets, I am in the Thames Valley, or advise an alternative solution.

Reply to
frank spencer

A plumber warned me not do something similar. He said the pump would overheat.

Reply to
Philip Wagstaff

Also, you may find most of the noise is by "conduction". Is the pump touching / screwed to a solid surface, aka sounding board? Also, the sound will be transmitted through the pipes. Flexible pipes may reduce this a bit, but the water will still conduct the noise.

Have you suggested earplugs?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

Not touching anything except 3 layers of carpet and it has flexi connectors. Might suggest the earplugs.

Reply to
frank spencer