Shower pump - need replacement advice

What's the difference between a positive and negative head shower pump

- our pump has sprung a leak and I need to replace it but I don't know what kind of pump it is. The pump is in the the loft of our bungalow, with the cold water tank higher than it and the hot water cylinder in a cupboard at ground level.

TIA Rob.

Reply to
563wed4rhlhlwyp

A "normal" shower pump is a positive head one. It boosts the pressure of a shower that would still work without it, but does not have adequate performance.

A negative head one will work in situations that would not work without a pump - such as a shower head above the level of the cold water cistern (or at least not far enough below it to get any real flow at all). Many of the negative head ones need a separate pull switch to start the pump, since they can't be activated by the gravity water flow.

Sounds like you need a positive head one then. Stuart Turner probably make the best pumps.

Reply to
John Rumm