Shower pump continues to run

Just lowered some pipes in a loft so they now sit below the joists - loft floor will then be boarded. Done everything and then turned the water back on but ended up with an airlock in the cold water taps so I went to get a hose. When I came back the house owner had already removed the airlock. So all good!
Just been called by the house owner tonight and he tells me the shower pump won't stop. The pump is working fine and they have used the shower but after turning the shower off it continues to run. I've been round and disconnected the pump from the electrical supply.
Any ideas folks?

Presumably the pump is controlled by a flow switch which senses a small gravity flow when the shower is turned on - and should turn off when you manually stop the flow?
Sounds like this flow switch is duff. Was it disturbed when you were doing the piping mods? If not, seems a bit of a co-incidence!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

You don't suppose that the house owner is trying to pull a fast one do you? "No, course he wouldn't. After all - I *DID* check everything first" - nah!. Besides - just how *DID* he remove that airlock????????
--
snipped-for-privacy@theobviousdsl.pipex.com

Sounds like he backflushed with mains water and knackered or jammed the flow switch.
Christian.
I don't think the house owner is pulling a fast one because he seems like a decent chap.
I didn't do any pipework near the pump. The pump is located under the bath and I was working only as far as the top of the storage tank cupboard so there is no chance the pipework could have been affected anywhere near the pump.
Regards the airlock, it may well have been caused by the houseowner because as I had just turned the water to the tank back on he rushed to check if the power shower worked. He claims to have removed the air lock by sucking on the shower head and basin mixer tap. How you suck a shower head I don't know.
The only reason the pump should carry on working (as far as I know) is if there is a leak between the pump and the shower head or a faulty sensor as you say. There's no evidence of a leak and it just seems to coincidental for the sensor to have failed at the same time.
On 20 Jan 2004 14:35:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@iname.com (StealthUK) wrote:

Anything stuck in the pump? Didn't get any crap in the system did you? You may be able to dismantle the pump to give it a clean\service, but doubtful!
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.