Shower problem?

I had a new shower fitted in the summer and it worked fine on a setting of 4-5,but now it needs to be set at 7-8.Dose anyone think i have a fault on my shower that i should sort out before the warranty runs out next year.
TIA Gary Moore

Bear in mind the water coming into the house is now considerably colder, so will need more heat to get it to the same temperature

Not exactly true though if you think about it. More time is needed, not more heat. If you could slow down the flow of water you wouldn't need to turn up the heat. It only needs more heat because with a shower you can't give it more time and it's no fun stood under a trickle anyway :)
john (mr pedantic)

Every shower I've ever seen works in the way you say it doesn't.
"Chris Oates" <none> wrote in

You mean control the flow of water? I've only ever encountered Council fitted showers. There's an on/off switch and a temperature control knob and that's your lot. Nothing fancy. I'll make a point of looking at showers next time I'm in B & Q. The things you miss out on when you're poor :D
john

You will find that the "temperate" control is just a valve for slowing down the water to make the water hotter. The power of the shower unit will be constant, or may have a couple of fixed settings, usually marked "I" or "II".
Christian.

There's a red circle, red solid circle, red solid semi-circle, and a grey solid circle for the "on/off" options. I don't touch the temperature knob cos the temperature sort of fluctuates when you alter it and then settles down. You get scalded and frozen on and off for a bit :) Joy.
john

If the water is colder, it will require more energy per unit of water to heat it. So slowing the rate of flow will satisfy this, as will increasing the energy the heater is outputting! (I.E more heat!)
Sparks...
gary moore wrote:

I should complain to God, or Bill Giles. Obviously the incoming cold water is getting colder in teh winter.
I think teh guvverment shud du sumping abvaht it doanyou?