shower pressure

I could do with some advice about how best to get some shower pressure, with respect to performance/cost & amount of installation.

I have conventional gas central heating with the cold water/hot water tanks in bathroom cupboards, hence poor pressure in the bathroom, the bath has a combined mixer/shower head tap. To get some pressure i think i have a few options all with different trade-offs.

a) I would prefer to have a twin impellor pump fitted (under the bath? use redundant immersion supply?) which would provide the pressure on demand to the mixer tap/shower head & wouldn't require the installation of any pipework to a new shower, no heavy duty cable & no consumer unit mods, although i'm presuming the pump isn't a standard one due to the low feed pressure.

b) Get the cold water tanks moved into the loft, would this provide much pressure? it would give me some more space in the bathroom

c) Get a normal electric shower or just a power shower fitted, requiring new pipework, 6/10mm2 cable installation etc.

Any advice on what may be best/pitfalls would be helpful.

Louigi

Reply to
Louigi Cornetto

If my shower head is raised as high or above the tank level will a normal pump still be able to auto start? i had a feeling there may be a problem here?

Reply to
Louigi Cornetto