Shower mixer replacement

I'm looking to replace my aging Mira 88 shower mixer.

I've replaced the seals a few times now, but the drips keep coming back. As it's now dripping from at least three different places (!!!) I've decided it's time to cut my losses and replace the mixer with a new one.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to a good model to replace it with? My criteria for a replacement are as follows:

  1. If possible, I'm looking for one with the pipes in the same place, so I can just swap the unit without having to redo the tiling also!!! The current unit is the one with the pipes exposed (not recessed).

  1. Reliable model which is long lasting, that doesn't need taking apart every year and replacing half a dozen tiny washers!

  2. Works with gravity hot + cold water, with a pump on the outlet (ground floor flat with virtually no head of water).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dane

Reply to
Dane Koekoek

Ive had a Mira in the past but it didnt last long with me either. Ever since changing to Aqualisa (which I have had at the last 2 houses) Ive been well impressed. Unfortunately competition has driven them to make showers which are plastic bodied. Choose one of the range which is brass bodies and there is an option for surface mounting with exposed pipework.

biggirlsblouse

that price for the mixer I'd expect it to be gold plated!!!

Dane

Reply to
Dane Koekoek

> At that price for the mixer I'd expect it to be gold plated!!!

You get what you pay for!

Reply to
biggirlsblouse