Shower Mixer- Pipe Gauges

I am replacing my downstairs shower The old shower mixer had 3/4" input feeds fed from 22mm pipes to hot and cold tanks, and a standard (1/2"?) feed to the shower head. It is a tall house, so I had good pressure and flow from this.

The new mixer I have bought has only 1/2" inputs, with the same standard output

The question is: Am I going to lose pressure/flow form the smaller input pipes? The 22mm feeds come up to the mixer, but then are dropped to 15mm on entry. I presume the mixer itself will reduce pressure/flow aswell, so will this be a problem.

Should I forget the mixer I have bought, and find one with 3/4" inputs? If so, can someone suggest one somewhat like this

but with the larger inputs (and not absurdly expensive)?

Neal

Reply to
Neal