Shower kit questions

I'm trying to figure out which shower to buy for a newly created shower room.

Found this one in Screwfix. It is by Grohe and seems a good price for Grohe. I'm a bit confused by the description.

For starters I can't see the model number for price checking.

I assume the Vitalio Trend Kit is the hose, shower head and the holding rail. However in the contents description it has Shower Valve and Tempesta shower kit and no mention of Vitalio.

Also what else, if anything would I need to fix this to a stud wall? Stud wall is complete except for boarding on the shower side with pipe tails in place.

mark

You get everything that's in the picture.

I'd have left the boarding off the other side until the mixer was fixed on - these can be a pain in the arse sometimes, also, it's got to be spaced off the studding to allow for boarding and tiles

I assume you are using aqua panel rather than plasterboard for the shower side?

Reply to
Phil L

The description seems a bit confusing to me - so I'm not quite sure what you'd be getting. Some suppliers (not sure about Grohe) do special models for the likes of Screwfix - making it virtually impossible to do price comparisons.

With regards to what else you need, the shower will probably come with a couple of dog-leg fittings to connect to your own pipework, but when I fitted a similar shower into a stud wall, I found one of these

very useful. OK, you can save £30 by not buying one, but I found that it saved a lot of frigging about, and resulted in a very firm installation.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've written up some examples of fitting these bar-type shower mixers on the uk.d-i-y wiki

Reply to
YAPH