shower installation question

Hello, I have some questions regarding installing a shower.

The place is a ground floor flat, it has a water cyclinder in the cupboard but from what I see there is no seperate 'cold water header tank' like you normally have in the loft, does this mean there is a water buffer in the cylinder? i cant understand how/where the water is stored.

My other question is i need to install a shower in the bathroom as the pressure in the hot tap is not enough as i tried a combination cold/hot

tap but the hot water just dribbles out of the hot tap.

I gather that an electric shower can run off mains cold water, but a shower pump (which has both hot and cold feeds) which you locate elsewhere the pressure must be the same going into it, so therefore this may not be suitable to install as there is no header tank?

Does anyone have any suggestions or a good website that explains all this? thx.

Reply to
cconnell_1

On 19 Jun 2006 13:53:25 -0700 someone who may be cconnell snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote this:-

There is probably a small header tank built on top of the cylinder. You may be able to see it if you look up on top. You may also be able to see the "overflow" pipe outside.

They must be, except in unusual circumstances.

Assuming there is a small header tank on top it may just be possible, depending on how big the header tank is and how high the mains pressure is to keep it filled. This also depends on the type of shower and pump performance.

If you don't want to do the design work then an electric shower will probably be the best solution, provided the mains and electrics are up to it.

Another option is a venturi shower, which uses mains cold water and low pressure hot water. However one may not be suitable for your particular circumstances.

Reply to
David Hansen

There's usually a combined tank with the water tank on top of the hot tank.

Reply to
EricP