Shower hose connector

I've got a shower hose which has split where it joins the head. The other end is buried inside the bath (via a none too waterproof grommet). The simplest repair is to get a new shower hose (and probably head) and connect the two 11mm tubes together. I'm having difficulty finding the right connector though. I think what I need is an 11mm version of this:

pretty is not a requirement, the whole installation will be replaced next year.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Not a lot of pressure difference, you won't need the ridges provided you have enough friction. So any old bit of tube which is a reasonably tight fit. Add cable ties and/or adhesive if it slips off.

Reply to
Newshound

I have this sort of thing on my Kitchen tap, it has a standard shower hose end that connects to the tap head that pulls out, and the other end has a smaller propitiatory connection on he end, so replacing it with another shower hose was not an option.

If you take the shower off the end of the hose, can you pull back the screw part like this?

If so, on mine, it was possible to prise the metal part at the end forward - This was shaped like a hat With a hole in the top, with the inner water pipe pushed round the top part of the hat and then held in place by being inserted into the hole in the end of the outer pipe - nothing was crimped, it was all just pushed together, so I trimmed off the inner pipe, and re-attached it to the "hat" and pushed it back in.

Reply to
Toby

In message , at 23:12:38 on Mon, 19 Dec

2011, Toby remarked:

I hadn't thought of that, and it looks the same, maybe I'll give it a try. The plastic tube is broken right where it enters the metal connector, of course.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:34:17 on Mon, 19 Dec

2011, Roland Perry remarked:

solution, has been to buy some 10mm aluminium tube from B&Q, which is a sufficently snug fit inside the 11mm shower tube to work (with some glue). B&Q also had several hose connectors of the same general form as the Screwfix one above, but either much too big or too small.

Reply to
Roland Perry