Shower Help

I have a Combi Boiler Worcester 28CDI or something, currently I have a Gravity Fed Power shower, the combi is split to heat the copper tank thing every day.
Unfortunately due to some home maintance (the missus having a change around) the tank has wither got to be moved into the roof space or be got rid of.
I have stripped the shower room, and was told that a Combi can not run a Decent Mixer, upon looking at b&q, this is correct.
Now the crunch question, I can't stand Electric Showers as the flow rate is not good enough to clean the missus, so will the combi flow rate be also poor???. Should I go to the trouble of installing a tank and copper thingy in the roof space and use a power shower, or go for the simple combi mixer solution????
I will wait all night for your friendly advice
Many Thanks Phil
Wow the spelling mistakes, repost... I have a Combi Boiler Worcester 28CDI or something, currently I have a Gravity Fed Power shower, the combi is split to heat the copper tank thing every day.
Unfortunately due to some home maintance (the missus having a change around) the tank has either got to be moved into the roof space or be got rid of.
I have stripped the shower room, and was told that a Combi can now run a Decent Mixer, upon looking at b&q, this is correct.
Now the crunch question, I can't stand Electric Showers as the flow rate is not good enough to clean the missus, so will the combi flow rate be also poor???. Should I go to the trouble of installing a tank and copper thingy in the roof space and use a power shower, or go for the simple combi mixer solution????
I will wait all night for your friendly advice
Many Thanks Phil
Another error it is a 24CDi not 28!! Boo Hoo...

fert udnuly
mike r
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:41:12 +0000 (UTC), mike ring

Bklloocs! ;)
PoP
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:41:12 +0000 (UTC), mike ring

no they can't - that myth started with a simple PHP script on a website that jumbled up the letters :) The english language is too varied for that to be successful - it relies on context and experience in constructing sentences instead, plus there are too many words that have entirely different meanings with only a single letter change.
http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/cambridge.asp
cheers
witchy

I bet you could
mike r

Don't fret, the combi will be fine. It will have around 2.4 times the flow rate of the best electric showers. It won't run a huge multijet panel shower, but will provide excellent performance on a standard mixer. If you don't have frequent baths, and don't require multiple showers at the same time, you have no need for the tank.
Christian.

We've got a Vokera Linea28 (90,000btu combi) running a Mira Excel mixer and it does it v.nice indeed.
It's a balanced valve so when someone flushes the bog or turns a tap on there's no change in flow or temperature - you just need to make sure you have the correct valve installed in the mixer......low pressure for gravity fed systems and high pressure for combis.
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Many thanks.
The boiler I have is a 80,000 BTU so should be ok, about twice the power of a electric one I hope?? This isn't being too optimistic is it???.
I am puzzled about the showers now, just looking at b&q ( www.diy.com ) I was assuming the ones marked Combi compatible are the ones to look for???
Thanks again Phil