Shower head under water

Hi all. The wife often lets our 6 year soak in the bath water while the shower continues to flow whilst submerged. Does this have a detrimental effect on the combi?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Sorry. I should say that the shower is thermo bar shower (Grohe) and Combi is W-B 28i

Arthur2

no but referring to her as the wife might have a detrimental effect on other things!

Reply to
vbleau

The old dear will be too busy doing the cooking and ironing to read any comments on here ;-)

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Thought that was against water regulations because of possible back syphoning ?

Reply to
fictitious

Which reminds me....anniversary on saturday...need to think...{ping}..leccy breadmaker...easy.

Reply to
Arthur2

ho ho!

Reply to
vbleau

We're talking about a female here, mate.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Absolutely against the regs. Flogging is too good for em.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So you looking for a reason to tell her to quit wasting water and energy, other than telling her its wasting money because she wont listen. Grow some balls.

Reply to
ransley

If you want to give her a better present, *you* buy the breadmaker for yourself and make bread for her!

Fresh bread from a breadmaker is nice but making it regularly quickly becomes a bit of a chore.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Whoever fitted the shower broke the regs. Ours had a plate-with-a-hole arrangement that the shower hose has to go through. When that was done, the shower head could not reach the water level in even a full bath. But it also made it much more awkward to use the shower to sluice down the bath after use. (Please note the tense in that sentence. :-) )

Reply to
Rod

-------------------8><

Can also make things a bit tense when trying to rinse your nethers.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Water By Laws (AIUI) control the _positioning_ of the shower, such that the hose won't have enough reach to allow this to happen. They recognise that they haven't a hope of controlling people's behaviour when using it.

So it was Arthur's (possibly a plumber's, but this is uk.d-i-y) fault, not his wife's.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Are you certain - what regs? Most systems have or ought to have double check valves. Mine has. Otherwise what's the point of having them?

Reply to
Fred

Does that answer the question?

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No I am not certain - I'd need a legal opinion to be certain. But you can have a look here:

And see what that says (albeit in the context of *compact* bathrooms).

Ironically, because our shower is fed from the cold water tank, we do have an air gap from the mains. Using a combi, you don't.

Reply to
Rod

She's in the canal. Is that good?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

AIUI this is not a problem provided one of the following is met.

1) The installation can't back syphon because the hose can't reach. 2) The shower is electric or has built in non-return valves. 3) The shower is not run from the mains water.

(2) seems to apply here as the mixer is a bar mixer which have NRVs in them. As do /most/ thermostatic mixers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett