Shower gel.

Spilt some on one of those washable bathroom mats. Except that it doesn't wash out. Blue. Wonder what the dye is and what it does to your skin?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Paint it carefully over the remainder of the mat. Job done.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Just imagine what it does to your barnet! S.

Reply to
Sheila

A blue rinse? Don't use it for my hair, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote | Spilt some on one of those washable bathroom mats. Except that it | doesn't wash out. Blue. Wonder what the dye is and what it does | to your skin?

Supermarket shower gel made my skin flake off like mega-dandruff and turned my whiteish plastic bath blue. Now I use decent stuff (L'Occitan) I don't have the complexion of a shedding snake and I smell nice too (and get told so).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try soaking in washing soda? What sort of mat is it? If it's not too brightly coloured it may be possible to shift it with a sterilising solution (the sort you can get in chemists for doing babies' feed bottles etc).

Reply to
Karen

Is L'Occitan kind to your wallet? :)

BTW I use this:

If DP has a white mat then curtain whitener might do the job,

cheers Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

No - they're a sort of beige. Bit like me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Pete C" wrote | >Supermarket shower gel made my skin flake off like mega-dandruff | >and turned my whiteish plastic bath blue. Now I use decent stuff | >(L'Occitan) I don't have the complexion of a shedding snake and | >I smell nice too (and get told so). | LOL!, | Is L'Occitan kind to your wallet? :)

I don't pay department store prices; multibuy on QVC is 25% cheaper. Anyway, the increase in bl*w j*bs is worth it.

| BTW I use this: |

I wouldn't wash the dog with that.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How did you get from supermarket shower gel to L'Occitan, did you try anything in between?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , Pete C writes

From a certain contributor to uk.rec.motorcycles ...

"Handy hint: When checking if there's a seal on a new bottle of Mint Source Shower Gel (the one that has the menthol action - clear nose and tingly skin) use a method suitable to the task.

For instance, unscrewing the cap and looking inside. Maybe poking a small stick or knitting needle through the cap. Under no cicumstances whatsoever should you look into the cap and then squeeze the bottle.

As you manage to go from sitting to standing in under a second, your eyeball now giving a sense of searing, white-hot lava tears, a lot of water will be propelled out of the bath you're occupying. Whatever is left is likely to be ejected when you fall over back into said bath.

After you've scrambled out of the bath and splished to the sink be sure turn the tap on too much and add to the small lake that was once the bathroom floor. After you've rinsed your eye as best you can now is a good time to call for assistance. It's probably a good thing that you're semi-blind and can't see the overwhelming dampness that surrounds you.

No, I lied - it's a bad thing as you'll stub your toe and bang your shin simultaneously on the toilet as you go to accept the offer of optrex from your handy helper. "

HTH

Reply to
raden

"raden" wrote | From a certain contributor to uk.rec.motorcycles ... | "Handy hint: When checking if there's a seal on a new bottle of | Mint Source Shower Gel (the one that has the menthol action - | clear nose and tingly skin) use a method suitable to the task. | For instance, unscrewing the cap and looking inside. Maybe poking a | small stick or knitting needle through the cap. Under no cicumstances | whatsoever should you look into the cap and then squeeze the bottle.

Made oi larf that did.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Pete C" wrote | "Owain" wrote: | >| Is L'Occitan kind to your wallet? :) | >I don't pay department store prices; multibuy on QVC is 25% cheaper. |

I prefer Eau de Contadour, which is out of stock at the moment. Just as well I've got about 6 months supply in the bathroom.

| How did you get from supermarket shower gel to L'Occitan,

Alison Young. She's the Nigella Lawson of QVC.

| did you try anything in between?

M&S, which was quite nice but slightly unsubtle.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've never found a shower gel I got on with. A proper bar of soap is much more like it, and there's no risk of spillage or other wastage.

Reply to
Mike Barnes