Shower Enclosure Tiling Advice Please!

Hi!

I'm fitting a new quadrant enclosure in my bathroom. A simple question regarding the sealing of the bottom tiles and the shower tray.

If I use a proprietry seal i.e. one of those L section pieces of soft plastic, I could set this in a layer of silicon and tile over the created upstand. No problem. But then my shower enclosure wall upright will not sit flush with the shower tray as it will be raised by ~ 3mm i.e. the thickness of the L section. Do I cut into the L section to remove this and allow the wall upright to sit flush on the tray or do I accept the 3mm rise and hope that silicon will do the rest?

Kind regards in advance

Alun

Reply to
Big Al

In message , Big Al writes

I never bothered with that, not had problem with ours.

I think I'd want to cut into the seal so that the tray is sitting on the enclosure.

When I did ours I just whacked a wodge of sealant along the tray wall junction before tiling to seal it, tile, then sealed along the base of the tiles as well. AFAICT it was fine (now moved) for 7 years

Reply to
chris French

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. I'm veering to go the way you suggest but I'm puzzled. Surely most shower enclosures will have this problem?

Reply to
Big Al