Shower dripping

Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned off so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old one was a bit dated anyway.

Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head unit, but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling someone in?

Thanks

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

| Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was = turned off=20 | so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old= one=20 | was a bit dated anyway. |=20 | Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head = unit,=20 | but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before = calling=20 | someone in?

It is the *tap(s)* leaking. See if you can fit new washers.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses=20

Wordlists
Celtic fonts=20
Killfile&Anti Troll FAQs
Dialect
Curry Project, =

Dave Fawthrop

| Noticed today that the shower was dripping water even when it was turned off | so decided to get a new chrome hose and shower head from B&Q as the old one | was a bit dated anyway. | | Fitted the two washers to both ends of the hose and attached the head unit, | but the shower is still leaking - what should I do or check before calling | someone in?

It is the *tap(s)* leaking. See if you can fit new washers.

Its not on a mixer tap - the shower is connected to a Gainsborough Ambassador thermostat.

I guess a washer still needs replaing somewhere but what do I need to do now as the thermostat looks like a sealed unit?

Thanks again

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

I had an aqualisa one that dripped when turned off, it was the thermostatic cartridge that needed replacing. Dunno if the Gainsborough would be the same but thats where I'd start looking.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

You could do worse than to visit the Shower Doctor web site:

The Shower Doctor, Shower Spares and Shower Repair for all makes of shower, Spare Parts for Mira, Triton, Newteam, Gainsborough, Berry, and more.

john