Shower divert valve

I have an old bath top mixer that had a divert to shower by pulling a ring around the shower pipe, then an automatic reset when taps turned off. This morning I switched to shower and it will not go back - I have so far failed to find the right keywords to start on what I am looking for - any suggestions?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Gray

Descale and check the device that *makes* it return

Reply to
RW

Thanks. I posted rather quicky, I hope it was clear enough.

I guess my first question is how to find the device that makes it return.

It looks a little bit like this one

instead of a button in front of the shower hose there is a ring round the shower hose.

Reply to
Malcolm

Thanks for that - looks like the descaler fixed it.

Reply to
Malcolm