Shower curtain rail rusting

I used some 'chrome' tubing to create a shower rail but after only 12 months it's starting to show rust spots, as are the fixings to the tiled walls.

Anyone care to offer suggestions for an alternative?

TIA

It sounds like condensation. Is there any mould growth on shower curtain, windows or anywhere else in room?

Maybe stainless steel rails and fixings would help if it is an ongoing problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

In message , F writes

Use stainless steel tubing and fitments?

Reply to
chris French

Yes, good idea, but it's not something I've seen on sale.

Wire wool, with 3-in-1 oil

Reply to
newshound

A 5 second Google for starters:

but maybe it just needs better ventilation?

Reply to
chris French

Thanks. Having never seen it on sale I didn't know it existed so didn't think to Google...

Hi,

Sounds like you may have used normal 'wardrobe' rail which won't withstand a lot of damp.

Try a purpose made shower rod, Ikea do them.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks, I've got a trip planned to Ikea next week.