Shower cubicle fixing for glass fron panels

Helping to refurbish (clean and paint) a house at the moment. It has a shower cubicle in the front bedroom. The cubicle looks like an expensive bit of kit, but possibly badly fitted. This would fit in with the rest of the house where there are a lot of fancy things but some bits are not well finished.

For this shower enclosure, I am pondering about the two small glass side panels either side of the door. Pictures

As I hope you can see, there are insets in the shower tray either side of the door where the glass panel fixings go.

To me they look as though the glass panels should be free draining from the outside then under the bottom of the glass into the shower tray. However the bottom is the inset is filled with horrible black mastic.

I don't know if this is why damp has spread around the outside onto the surrounding plaster, or if this is just poor care by the previous users.

Anyway, does anyone recognise this type of shower tray and know if there should be drainage space under the glass side panels?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

In message , David writes

I fitted sliding door jobs to my last two showers (1.2m x 800mm) The golden rule is to only seal the outside edge.

If you search on shower installation you will probably get a set of instructions.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Haven't found a make/model for the set up yet. No obvious logo, but I will look again.

If anyone recognises the shower door and tray (which must surely come as a set) I would appreciate a pointer.

I can't see any real need for sealant in that particular area, and if there was a need I would expect a rubber/plastic seal, not an ugly wodge of sealant.

I'm just reluctant to start ripping it all out in case it does serve a designed function.

To be clear, I am only talking about the seal at the bottom of the shower tray inset where the side panels are fixed to the tray by internal screws.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Found the maker's name - Matki - but their web site is very hard to navigate, and in general it appears that you need to know the name of the shower you are looking for before you can get the details.

I will soldier on, but if anyone has experience of Matki shower enclosures then advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

A site specific Google can sometimes help finding information on badly constructed sites. Assuming the site is

put "site:matki.co.uk" (sans quotes) along with some likely terms into googles search box. Using just the domain will find stuff in, for example, www2.matki.co.uk as well as
or pages.matki.co.uk etc...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not really the problem - I can't Google for the name of the product as I don't know it. So although Google is a good way of navigating poor web sites (B&Q - looking at you) (Amazon - you too) my problem was lack of suitable key information.

Anyway, sent a photograph to their technical support and got a PDF of the instructions by return. Good on them!

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David