Shower cubical corner section?

Hi all,

First bit of d-i-y for a while.

In 2005 Mum bought a bathroom / shower suite in a Homebase sale but very shortly after Dad was taken I'll and it all got left in it's boxes in the garage.

Dad passed away in Feb and Mum (82) is now having stuff done, like the kitchen and bathroom (just a big tidy up really as she's not sure if she wants to move away / to a bungalow yet).

We have just unboxed the shower stuff to find 'Jacuzzi' have sent her both a sliding door and pivoting door (which was supposed to be an end 'panel'). Ok, we can fix the extra door closed but unfortunately we don't have the / a corner section / extrusion either.

So far, calls to Homebase / Jacuzzi / shower_cubical_suppliers and plenty of Goggling have turned up nothing.

I even measured the section on a similar / current Homebase enclosure but the panels all seem much thinner now days?

So, I was wondering if anyone happens to have a shower cubical that uses a ~20 mm thick 'panel' and that has a 90 deg external extrusion / corner where I might be able to get a spare please?

The wall extrusion fitting we have are an ally 'U' section with side flange (for attaching to the walls) and the U is ~20mm opening and the side 'cheeks' are about 35mm deep (I think they are quite deep to allow for wall plumb adjustment). The section would ideally be at least 1775 mm long (and white). ;-)

Cheers and thanks for your time in any case.

T i m

p.s. If push comes to shove and the true spirit of d-i-y, , I may trim off the side flanges from the two spare wall fitting extrusions (with an angle grinder of course ) leaving just the 'U' sections that are the correct fit for these panels (the now non painted edges could probably be lost under some silicone or plastic beading in the final job). I could then joint the two U's together at 90 deg using a length of 20 x 20 x 2(?) mm ally angle in the external opening and then finishing it all off with some (ideally) white uPVC quadrant (or some such. Like the 'nose' off a uPVC windowsill)? However, I can't really start that till the tray is in place as I don't know how the panels are supposed to sit in relation to each other (do they nearly touch or did the proper corner make a bigger radius etc).

Reply to
T i m

That's what I'd do. The supplied extruded corners are all different from different makers, from what I've seen and the chances of getting exactly what you need are remote. Once you've trimmed off the extra, you could bond the sections with epoxy weld or similar.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ok.

So it seems. I spoke to an extruder who said that even if they had made the sections for Jacuzzi, Jacuzzi would hold the rights to said sections so they couldn't provide even one length, even if they had the die.

Yep. I was thinking of a few (blind) pop rivets to generally hold the U's to the L and with some epoxy in there before I actually join them together. Acid etch primer and a few coats of white enamel?

If as you say the actual relationship between the panel ends could vary then there might be room for some uPVC / ally square section (instead of the angle) or even some uPVC over ally tube (like the DG boys use. That might make for a more gentle external 'corner' for old Mum)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I may have one spare, although it would be silver. We have a Jacuzzi bifold= door and side panel of about that age, presumably with corner post. The do= or was slightly damaged in shipping, so it is still sitting in our stockpil= e. Email me if a silver one would be OK, and I'll check if it is there.=20

andrew

Ok.

Presumably but as we have never had one, don't know what it looks like (exactly).

Yes it would! (please / thank you).

I'm actually round Mums atm so not setup for email but the email here works if you are able to check it out and find it's suitable etc.

Just to confirm, the panels are about 20mm thick and the current wall extrusions are 1775 high (but even a slightly shorter section would be usable).

Thanks very much for this grain of hope. Mum has her fingers crossed. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've found it. It is 1775mm high, and suitable for 20mm panels. We also have a matching fixed side panel. They are both in a matt silver (anodised aluminium) finish, with clear glass in the side panel.

Where are you? If we can arrange the logistics, it could be an option to swap our post and side panel for your pivot door? Otherwise posting the corner post should be easy enough.

andrew