Shower control valve - replacement spring

I hope someone can help with a search for a spare part that is driving me mad!

I am looking for some replacement springs for Saracen D64500 Timed Flow shower control valves. For some reason some users of my club showers enjoyed unscrewing the head piece and watching the springs pop out and disappear down the plughole. They will not do it again!

However, I now have several showers that simply will not turn off once the head is pushed in.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of replacement springs, or near equivalents?

Thanks. Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Williams

Measure the spring. OD, no of turns ignoring any fully compressed turns at the ends, free length, and wire gauge This last parameter needs to be a exact as possible at it has the greatest effect on the rate of the spring.

Then find the nearest Stainless steel spring from

else try Springmasters or ashfield springs.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin