Shower bath - Supplementary Bonding

Can't get me 'ed around this.

Electric shower above bath, 10mm^2 (9kW shower) T&E feeding it from main CU and RCD down from roof void. Shower water supply T'd underneath bath from cold supply to bath tap. All pipework is copper. My copy of the OSG says the the circuit protective conductor may also be the supplementary bonding conductor. The earth in the shower unit is connected to the heater tank and the cold inlet.

Obviously the Hot and Cold pipes need to be bonded together at the bath tap (and basin). But do I need to bond the water pipe at the shower to the pipe work directly under the bath tap? Given that they are the same pipe (albeit with a valve and the odd soldered joint enroute) and it is bonded via the showers protective conductor at the shower.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Provided that bit of pipe can be regarded as "a conductive part of a permanent and reliable nature" and similarly for the bond between the shower CPC and the pipe, then no.

Reply to
Andy Wade