Should we start a military wing?

The message from Joe contains these words:

Phirrips, innit.

Reply to
Guy King

And don't tell me - it needs to be a left-handed screwdriver too?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I always find the old style screws to work better with wall plugs as they are tapered and wedge the plug open. The newer screws cut into the plug without expanding it.

Anyone agree?

Reply to
John

"nightjar" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

THE BASTARDS!!

So that's where my childhood went!

mike

Reply to
mike

Nobody agrees with anyone round here!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Don't men tend to hang to one side or the other?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Yes we do...

David

Reply to
Lobster

reminds me of the words of the late and very much lamented St Ian of Durex regarding a certain Mr Harold Hill of Harold Hill (of do-it-yourself dexterity and double glazing skill) who came home one day to find another gentleman's kippers in the grill so he sanded off his winkle with his Black and Decker drill

this is what we find ...

Reply to
John Stumbles

It sounds like it comes from the same book of ditties as this one

" Here we see the friendly lion conversing with a mouse... and just behind them we can see the lion's corner house"

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'll have to try that. I dont stock many trad woodscrews tho, but there are some in there.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The exception proves the rule :-)